With the revolution in the electronic age today, lots of cars which come with inbuilt Bluetooth or USB to listen to songs. But if you are looking forward to installing one of the best stereo systems, then you need to go beyond the same and replace your existing car radio. There are only 3 things to be considered before changing your car radio into a modern and one of the best double DIN head unit and also, we possibly need to pay attention to how much it may cost for this change.
The Universal Cable or ISO
All major car radios that are purchased come with a universal cable or ISO. But many experts who manufacture cars of many different brands claim that the connector that is convenient is not the ISO. So to connect any double DIN head unit to the car, you should buy the adapter cable which any workshop that install stereos will provide. For installation, you just need to throw away some stuff to put it in position.
- All car radios are manufactured in 2 types of different standard: 1 DIN or 2 DIN standard which is the largest. The problem here is that car manufacturers put in the car a radio that, in many cases, does not follow the size standard that we have mentioned earlier. The result is that if you want to change it, you may have a gap in one of the sides of the radio.
- The plastic frames installed in the cars can be adapted to all cars. Because these plastic frames are made for all car models and they fit almost any type of car radio, even if it is 1 DIN or 2 DIN head unit.
- If you look for buying such kind of plastic frame, then you should know it is a bit cost effective. The cost can tend to increase by 10 or 15 Euros, and you have to add it to the price of the 2 DIN head unit.
The 2 DIN head unit can be controlled from the steering wheel?
- Many cars have the cool steering wheel with which you can control the car radio by the radio buttons. But if you change the radio into a one of the best double DIN head unit, forget about it unless you buy the adapter cable for it. This adapter, so-called interface, is more complex than a simple cable.
- The adaptor of a double DIN head unit can cost you a bit. If your car is new maybe it is worth making the investment. But if the car is old and you are thinking about changing it, then buying a new adaptor is not recommended.
- Many radios which are in the box or can be purchased separately have a small remote control that is placed on the steering wheel. It is not only very comfortable but at least you do not have to be turning the head to touch a button.